RAQS FLOW LEVEL 3
March 28-April 1, 2018
A continuation of Level 2, you must have participated and passed the Level 2 exams.
30 hours of training / 2 hours testing / 4 hours of collective presentations
Friday 9-1/2:30-6:30 (Dinner and presentations)
Saturday 10-1/2:30-6:30 (Dinner and presentations)
Sunday 9:30-12:30 / Testing 1:30-3:30
Overview and topics
- History and cultural examination: an exploration of Indigenous and Folkloric dances of North Africa and the Middle East
- Level 3 Strength training and conditioning to develop the core, enhance stamina, flexibility, balance, and well-being
- Continuation of classical dance movement techniques and veil techniques
- Level 3 Raqs Flow technique and movement vocabulary. Incorporating all movements learned to this point.
- Phrasing and Transitions
- Level 3 Raqs Sharqi technique and movement vocabulary / folkloric dances
- Level 3 Rhythm identification. Intermediate finger cymbals and continuing darbuka techniques. Introduction to frame drum and riqq
- In depth musicality exploring rhythm, melody, lyrics and Maqam
- Improvisation with live music
- Stage presence, emotion, tarab and stylization
- Level 3 Drills designed to enhance stamina, coordination and rhythmic consistency
- Level 3 Choreographies to enhance and develop “Flow”
LEVEL 3 Prerequisites
Additional prerequisites are required for Level 3. Those details are disclosed in your registration packet.
SPACE IS LIMITED TO 15 to ensure personal 1 on 1 coaching and feedback.
Upon registration you will get full details in your welcome/registration packet about Level 3 as well as a syllabus and info about Denver hotels we recommend.
WE ARE SORRY BUT NO REFUNDS!! Due to the exclusivity of the training we cannot offer refunds. Transfers will be considered under special circumstances.
I’m super excited about Raqs Flow and wanted to know when I’ll be able to register for level 3 please? I see that space is limited and I’m hoping not to miss out!